- If you are NOT HAVING PAIN the day of your procedure, please contact Dr. Lutz’s office at 651-313-8250 to cancel and/or reschedule your injection.
- Please bring a photo ID and your insurance card to each appointment.
- Make arrangements to have a responsible adult accompany and drive you home. This is for your safety and the safety of others. For injections other than Radiofrequency, you may be allowed to arrange for a ride via car service or Medical transport. Please call the Oakdale office and speak with our staff about your arrangements or to reschedule your procedure.
- Do not eat or drink for 2 hours before your injection procedure or 6 hours before your Radiofrequency appointment.
- Do not take any pain medicine for at least 6 hours prior to the appointment. This includes over the counter medicines such as Tylenol or ibuprofen. If you have a question about a particular medication, please call Dr. Lutz’s office at 651-313-8250.
- If you take anticoagulation medicines, please notify Dr. Lutz’s office. Dr. Lutz’s policy does not require you to stop taking it prior to your scheduled injections. However, if you take Coumadin / Warfarin specifically, you are required to obtain an INR within the 24 hours prior to your schedule injection. Please bring your results with you the day of the appointment.
- Please bring MRI or CT scan reports to your visit or fax them to 651-313-8251.
- Please notify Dr. Lutz’s office if this is a work or auto accident.
- Your insurance company may require a referral and/or prior authorization for this procedure. It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the primary physician to obtain a referral. It is the patient’s responsibility to contact the insurance company to determine if there are any prior authorization requirements.
- Please bring a list of your current medications to your appointment.
- Be as active as usual before your appointment.
- Please wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing to your appointment. Elastic waistband clothing is preferred.
Please contact Dr. Lutz’s Office if you have any questions.